Evenings with Authors
Thurber House is proud to present Evenings with Authors: a biannual series of readings and discussions from nationally-known authors. Past authors include Adriana Trigiani, Susan Orlean, Isabel Allende, Lee Child, Alexander McCall Smith, Sue Grafton, and dozens more.
What Are Evenings with Authors?
- Evenings with Authors begin at 7:30 p.m. and are held at the Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad Street.
- The featured guest reads from his or her most recent work and chats about writing for about 45 minutes; this is followed by a question-and-answer session with the audience.
- Each event closes with a coffee and cookie reception and an opportunity to buy the author's book(s) and get them signed.
- Two seasons of Evenings with Authors occur each year: Winter/Spring (January - May) and Fall (September - December).
Thurber House Presents: The Author's Table
The Author’s Table dinners are a terrific way for a limited number of people to get up close and personal with an author. This is an opportunity not only to share a great meal with your favorite author (or get to know an author new to you), but also to talk about his or her work in a more intimate setting; to get reserved seating at the event; and to get your book signed ahead of time.
- Price for The Author's Table is $45 and includes dinner, the reading, and reserved seating at the event.
- Due to the limited number of seats at The Author's Table, tickets are not available online. Please call Anne at 614-464-1032 x.10 for more information or to order tickets.
- The Author's Table is held at Thurber Center, 91 Jefferson Ave., at 6:00 p.m., prior to the Evenings with Authors event.
- Individual tickets are available for $20 each, or $18 for students and seniors. All tickets purchased at the door are $20.
- Full series tickets are available for $140, or $125 for students and seniors.
- Mini-series tickets (your choice of four events) are available for $75, or $65 for students and seniors.
- The Author's Table tickets are $45 and include dinner, admission to the reading, and reserved seating at the event.
- Visit our Buy Tickets page to purchase tickets to any event.
Our thanks to the Greater Columbus Arts Council, the Ohio Arts Council, and the Robert W. Steven and William A. and Jane B. Scheurer Funds of The Columbus Foundation.
Thanks to our media sponsor, WOSU Public Media, to The Westin Columbus, and to Barnes & Noble Booksellers.