Thurber House Spring Break Mini-Camp
Tired of the cold and snow? Break out of the winter blues with a mini-camp! Thurber House and the McConnell Arts Center are partnering to bring you three fun-filled days of writing and art that will stretch your imagination and have you laughing along the way.
If you’re in 4th through 6th grade, join us Tuesday, March 27 through Thursday, March 29, 2018 for an unforgettable experience. Camp runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and campers will need to bring a sack lunch. All supplies and a mid-afternoon snack will be provided.
Registration is closed for 2018.
Here’s just a little bit of what you can expect at camp:
- Megan Moriarty joins us from the Ohio Craft Museum to help us make accordion books and other fun bookish crafts.
- Rosemary Marston will help us write and then move into poetry tableaus on stage!
- You’ll have to think on your feet and try not to laugh too hard with Sarah Fazeli and her writing improv exercises.
- Shake off all of the snow when you write stories with Amy Greenberg’s Spring has Sprung activity. It will certainly have you thinking warmer thoughts.
- Not to be left out, McConnell Arts teachers are joining us to make projects that will combine art and writing using their gorgeous art space.
We may have a few more surprises up our sleeves, too, so you won’t want to miss this chance to break out your imagination and have fun mixing art and writing!
Who: 4th-6th graders
Dates: Tuesday-Thursday, March 27-29, 2018
Location: McConnell Arts Center, 777 Evening St., Worthington
Time: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Cost: $110; $99 for MAC members
Registration site: http://www.mcconnellarts.org/thurber-house-spring-break-workshop
All supplies are included, you only need to bring a sack lunch
Free parking for drop-off and pick-up available
Questions? Please contact Meg Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-464-1032 ext. 16.
Thanks to the Greater Columbus Arts Council, the Ohio Arts Council, and the James W. Overstreet Fund of The Columbus Foundation for their support of this program.